Rates & Additional information
A2C charges a rate of $150 for each individual therapy session and $175 for each family/couples therapy session, unless client meets eligibility for discounted rate. All session are 50 minutes long and are prorated for longer sessions.
*out-of-network Insurance claims can only be applied on the rates above. A2C cannot issue reimbursements on the below discounted or package rates.
Eligibility for Discounted Rate:
Clients whose income are at or below their county’s low income limit (80%) are eligible for A2C’s discounted rates: $90 for individual therapy and $105 for family /couples therapy. Clients must show proof of income: last four pay stubs or tax-return showing household income. The income limit for Miami Dade County can be found at http://www.miamidade.gov/housing/income-limits.asp and the income limit for Broward County can be found at http://www.broward.org/Housing/Pages/IncomeChart.aspx
A2C offer therapy package rates for both regular and discounted rates (aforementioned eligibility for discounted rate applies). The package includes four sessions which are paid by the first session. Here are the package rates:
- Four Individual Therapy sessions - $500
- Four Couples/Family Therapy - $600
- Four Discounted Individual Therapy sessions - $300
- Four Discounted Couples/Family Therapy sessions - $360
A2C accepts payment via check, money order and/or cash, apps such as Zelle and Venmo, as well as HSA, and credit card via Ivy Pay.
A2C requests a minimum of 24 hours notice for rescheduling or canceling an appointment. In case such notice is not provided prior to missing a session, client will be charged full fee for the missed session.
Out of Network Insurance:
Many insurances do cover full or part of therapeutic sessions through their mental health benefits. Insurances require a Psychotherapy CPT code; for 50 minute individual psychotherapy sessions the CPT code is 90837 and for family sessions it is 90847. Some insurances may also request a statement from the therapist for reimbursement purposes, which I provide upon request. When checking your coverage with your insurance you could ask the following questions for clarification:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance pay for out-of-network provider services?
- How do I issue reimbursements for out-of-network provider services?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- Is there a limitation on how much the insurance will cover per session?
- Is primary care physician approval required?